Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Carphone Warehouse: still crap

I’m a bit flat today. I think it’s because (a) I wish I was still on holiday, (b) I’m tired and have got to work till 11 tonight and (c) I’m still having problems with Carphone Warehouse. On another matter entirely now. Eventually you just can’t escape the fact that they really, really, really don’t care. I apply high standards to my job, which I believe should be the case for every job, but maybe that’s unrealistic. Maybe I should shut up and accept that in a disposable culture, good manners and service are equally disposable. (Anyone else think I sounded about 80-years-old then?!)

And talking of high standards, I should be celebrating. I’ve just had my appraisal and I “excel in most areas”. Always nice to know…

One of my office plants is desperately trying to die and I’m desperately trying to get it to live. It will be interesting to see whose will is greatest.

I joined the camping and caravanning club yesterday which for some reason made me very happy. I’ve ordered an air bed as well. My knee ached too badly on a roll mat. I’m prepared to lower my standards but when something gets between me and a good night’s sleep there’s trouble…

As you can tell, I don’t actually have anything that interesting to say. But to fair, that’s never stopped me before. But I do need to get back to work now. I may have to resort to an emergency Cadbury's cream egg to lift my spirits… I’m pretty sure 'emergency chocolate' was how we won the war…

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home