Saturday, June 02, 2007

Home grown spring onions

Well I handed in my court summons to the magistrate’s court yesterday and felt like I had been caught shop lifting or granny battering. The staff were split down the middle: 50% really helpful, 50% really wanting you to piss off and leave them alone. Luckily after being sent to several wrong offices, I found a woman that was fantastic. And actually, she told me not to plead guilty! We had a letter after the visit from the aggressive TV henchman that said, no further action will be taken because you’ve bought a licence… Anyway, I had forgotten all about it but my partner found it and attached it to our stuff. The lady I dealt with says this proves that they should have never issued the summons in the first place and that we should call TV licensing urgently. Even if they don’t withdraw the case though, at least I delivered my mitigating statement in time.

Last night I went to college feeling a bit blue about the whole situation – no camera (well, I have an excellent top of the range camera worth £600 but apparently I can’t use that!) and no photos. Towards the end of the lesson I felt just about ready to give up. Other than the whole ‘no camera’ thing, I have an impossible tight deadline to hand my work in because of going to Scotland. I slept on it and after talking to my partner, decided that quitting was for… well, quitters. In one last final attempt to finish term three with the high marks that I received in terms one and two, I have emailed some friends asking if anyone can lend me a film SLR (preferably a fairly modern one) and then I emailed my tutor asking for an extension. What will happen? I don’t know. It is conceivable that I may not get the extension, but more importantly no one will have a camera they can lend me. But I can’t give up just yet. I’m a good photographer. Now I just have to be a resilient photographer as well!

It’s a gorgeous day and we’ve spent most of it in the garden. We’ve also just had a salad that contained home grown spring onions, very satisfying and very tasty!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home