Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Good food

I approached this morning as if I had all the time and the world and it’s been rather pleasant. My partner is off to Hove to see her grandparents today and she could have had a lie-in, but instead choose to get up with me to make fresh coffee and bacon and egg bagels (if I didn’t love her before…). I took the dog for a leisurely stroll after brekkie and then headed into work. There was no particular reason for this go-slow approach to my day except sometimes feeling a bit fed up with having to do everything at 80 miles an hour to try fit it all in. Anyway, the sun is shining and all is well…

Yesterday I made the most expensive u-turn of my driving career thus far. Yes, by literally only 2 or 3 feet I ventured into the congestion zone! I wanted to turn right on to Battersea Bridge but there was no right turn. So I crossed the junction, indicated to pull into a side street and made my costly u-turn. As the car turned, I read (with some horror) a sign that read, “Congestion ends her”. And because I forgot to pay yesterday, I have to pay an extra £2 today. Raspberries!

I’ve become a new customer of Abel and Cole the organic grocers. I’m very excited because I love good food (you wouldn’t know it to look at me… ahem…) and I love good, good food – i.e. responsibly grown and produced food. Meat that hasn’t had more steroids than I have (and I’ve had a lot – for asthma not recreation I should add), food that hasn’t travelled more than I have, food that doesn’t have the sort of additives that glow in the dark, food that doesn’t contain so much pesticides that it’s a pretty safe bet I’m never going to suffer from cabbage fly…

The delivery arrives tomorrow and I will blog about whether it’s lovely grub, effecient delivery, super service etc, etc. I’m particularly looking forward to the sausages and the ‘old smokey fishcakes’!

www.abel-cole.co.uk

and I forgot to write the web address of the Chelsea Pysic Garden yesterday so...
www.chelseaphysicgarden.co.uk

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home