Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The disease that keeps on giving

I was in TK Max yesterday which was notable for two reasons; one I had just bought some amazing underwear (I didn’t know at the time it would be that amazing, I only knew that this morning, when I tried it on) and two, it was were I heard the second worst piece of news I’ve ever heard. My mum called, the cancer is back.

She has found a lump in her neck and the professor who looks after her at Guy’s is pretty convinced that it’s cancer. I got back to the office, told my boss I had to leave and spent the afternoon with her. They will be rushing her back into chemo maybe this week, probably next. And this time, no matter how sick it makes her, I suspect they won’t be able to stop or postpone the treatment.

I’m devastated. I feel that everything I was holding on to has shattered. The fact that she was getting stronger, less sick, less often has just been snatched away. And so despite being weary and frightened, the fight has to start all over again. If you have any strength you can spare, send some our way, it will be appreciated…

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:57 am, May 17, 2007 , Blogger TM said...

*hugs*

Hope everything goes ok, let me know if you need anything!

TM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home