Sunday, April 29, 2007

No thanks....

I had a meeting with Slightly on Friday at his lovely new apartment; we were talking about my new website. I have decided to try and sell some of my photography and he has generously decided to help! So we talked about that (it won’t be just a site for my photography, he thinks it’s important my writing is on there too) and also I got myself a commission! He has been working on a book that’s being published this year; men and cookery, the difference is that the men are real men (as opposed to models I mean) and are all naked. But it’s not gratuitous; it’s fun, cheeky and sexy. Apparently they’ve used big men and small men and everything in between men…

The publishers want the same again, but with women this time. Now Slightly is acutely aware of how women are generally portrayed in the media, and wants the same approach as he took with the male version: real women, real food, real fun – nothing salacious or explicit. And whilst there are many, many photographers better than me, I am ideal for the job because (a) I am a good photographer and (b) I understand implicitly how he as an author wants to present the book and how as a woman I would want to see the women in the book portrayed were I too pick up a copy in my friendly neighbourhood bookstore. I’ve already had some ideas, and will be starting to keep a sketch pad so that we can progress the project, but how cool is that? New website… new job…!

Saturday we did some shopping in Dulwich and it reminded me why I am distinctly under whelmed by the area – nice shops, but stuck up people who look thoroughly miserable all the time. Didn’t stop us spending a small fortune, including two long, silver heart shaped spoons! Lit the fire pit in the evening after a tasty dinner and we sat under the stars for a couple of hours enjoying the night air… lovely.

Today we went for a great walk in the middle of the north Kent countryside with friends (book launch friends) and the dogs. Absolutely gorgeous drive and then some stunning countryside – a really lovely way to spend a Sunday morning except that I had to rush back for a rugby meeting… which I kind of wish I hadn’t bothered about. My last meeting with the Steelers and no one bothered to thank me for the work I’d done over the last four years. And actually, it’s left me a little miffed. There were also some very childish goings on with a couple of people which made my decision to move on seem an even better choice! Oh well… expect too much and you get let down!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home