Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Housework and mobile phones

The missus is doing a course in Hammersmith today so we drove in together which was nice. Couldn’t do it every day though, it was quite a strain getting ready to leave at exactly the same time. I didn’t even manage breakfast and coffee! I treated myself to a supercharged Latte when I got to work which has helped ease me into my day…

My partner has decided to only watch a very limited amount of telly during the week – maybe once a week – because she was getting into the habit of slumping in front of the TV with me and neither of us were getting anything done. Now I like TV a lot more and so will continue to watch it when something I like comes on; but I also avoided switching it on almost straight after I walked the dog last night and we achieved so much! A nice dinner, a bit of gardening, hoovering, dusting, washing the bathroom floor, walking the dog and laundry! And I even got to watch NCIS (in my opinion the television equivalent of Green & Black’s butterscotch milk chocolate). And I slept really well last night…

Using my new phone today and honestly, it’s like a foreign country. I was due for an upgrade so I chose the Samsung u600 which is apparently the business – a really fantastic top of the range phone. The only problem is I couldn’t work the bloody thing out so for the first two weeks of ownership I used my old phone! I’m no dunce, but it does seem hideously difficult. Samsung advised that I download the manual for the 900 model (because they haven’t written an in-depth manual for the u600 yet… why?) and so I feel more confident giving it a bash but texting is taking an age and there are all sorts of buttons that I haven’t even dared press yet… I’m sure (I hope!) it will all be second nature before long…

Here’s a question before I sign off, are creative people a bit of a nightmare with instructions? Sometimes I get told something and seconds later I can’t remember what it is. Yesterday my boss told me several times to be at one town hall, and this morning, I turned up at the other… it’s not the first time either. It can be an instruction on how to use the DVD or how to get somewhere (although I do have a superb sense of direction) and it’s like my brain decides independently to chuck out the information. I am, instead, a compendium for useless, abstract data. Is it because I am creative; dyslexic; not bothered; not listening…? Answers on an instruction manual.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home