Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Work

Yesterday I only worked 9.30 to 4. Today – to show willing – I’m working 9 to 5pm. I hate how we all have to fit into a way of working that doesn’t take into account how we work best. My organisation does do flexi time and I can’t complain because I sort of come in when I like and leave when I like and I also get to work from home one day a week, so I’m very lucky. But I’m struck by how many places still insist on a 9 to 5 approach that’s not always very practical, or more importantly, productive.

My work pattern at home is radically different than the office funnily enough: I start later and finish later. I also find with having natural light and fresh air at home, I get less tired – but then it’s no secret that if I could always work from home I would.

I have already mentioned how my commute is beginning to irk, not least because all the uninsured insane people appear to follow the same route as I do, but also because I’m travelling on average 3 hours a day which seems an awful waste of a brilliant mind…

(hehe)

Anyway, clearly I am just trying to use up some of 42 minutes I still have left in the office so I’m off.

I think I’ll water the plants instead…

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home