Thursday, November 29, 2007

Car drama

What a funny morning! And not all ha ha let me tell you… the big news is the car is in the garage. She was due a service which in my humbles should always done every year before winter really kicks in, but today driving into work she cut out twice with no warning. That’s not good thought I (I can be quite quick like that). Anyway, I think it’s a small electrical fault again and I’m hoping by doing the service at the same time it will iron out these niggles once and for all.

I’m not actually that stressed. I phoned Paul at Beekay Garage (Hammersmith) whom I thoroughly recommend for quality of work and service, who told me in his soothing and reassuring voice to bring the car straight in. So I’ve just dropped her off and come into the office and I await – anxiously – the assessment call that I should get around 2 this afternoon.

It’s the last day of the inspection! They are doing a feedback session this afternoon with our executive team which will give us an impression of how we did, but we don’t actually get formal notification till February. It’s like waiting for exam results! (They really liked all my stuff she says puffing up ever so slightly…)

This is my last day in the office. Tomorrow I will be working, but it will be from home and then I am off till next Thursday, working on Friday, but again from home and then it’s another bloomin’ weekend! This is very pleasing to me. Which could explain my cheerfulness. Even in light of car dramas I am just that little bit more bouncy than is strictly necessary on a clear but cold Thursday.

25 days to Christmas!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home