Saturday, December 01, 2007

Eh?

I’m considering a Hyundai Matrix and it feels weird. A bit too grown up. I currently have a Vectra. I like Vectra’s, they are fast, powerful and (I think) sleek. Hyundais are not sleek. Hyundais are for those with a growing family, who travel a lot. A Matrix comes with a roof rack for god’s sake... It’s true that we do travel a lot, we are a growing family and are hoping to grow considerably next year once we start trying for a baby...

I quite like the Matrix. It’s comfy, powerful, roomy, full of useful things. Does it matter than I won’t look like a woman with a wild side? (Question, did I ever? I mean Vectra’s are good, but are they that good?!)

Just to really throw the reader in a tizz I should point I’m considering the Mercedes a-class as well. Apparently not overly expensive to run, but can be pricey if something does go wrong which puts me off. But it does look a nice car...

And what about a Meriva? That’s got some good reviews.

The one thing I am certain about is that if we’re not certain (my partner’s coming with me today), we won’t be buying a thing. I feel very sore about being duped the last time. I feel that the instinct I had that the Vectra was a good car has taken a battering. Actually, it wasn’t wrong. Paul the mechanic told me it is a fine car and she drives beautifully (and she really does) but because the previous owner or that devious fucking slime as I have now affectionately renamed him, did not maintain the car, all the wear and tear has come at once and so it makes it hugely expensive to fix. Plus there seems to be an ongoing problem with the rocker gasket. And basically it’s like anything, problems rarely go away. They don’t decide, well, this has been a bad move – nobody’s happy about me being here so I’m going to slink off... sorry to have troubled you! No, problems say, well you can ignore me but I should warn you I am contractually obliged to get bigger and much worse. And it doesn’t take a genius to know that by that stage, the problem will have caused other problems and is going to cost you a fortune to fix.

Anyway, I’m going to do a bit more research, then throw myself under a hot shower, followed by some hot, fresh and very strong coffee and then dear reader, we’re off. We may come back in a Vectra, or we may come back in a horse and cart... it’s all to play for...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home