Monday, May 05, 2008

Goddaughters and job interviews

I’m up to my bloody eyeballs in research, which isn’t easy after a weekend with a very excitable 4yr old. It’s safe to say I’m exhausted!

I’m doing research for my job interview in Cornwall and have loads of good stuff. I will get my confirmation letter this week and I may end up having to do a presentation at the interview so it’s probably a good idea I’m doing lots of research!

My partner’s goddaughter, B, stayed this weekend (with her mum) and we had a fantastic time. Yesterday we went to the Horniman Museum in Forest Hill. It was great! It has lovely gardens, a pet’s corner, lots of different exhibits, interactive sessions for kids, a cafe and shop and an aquarium and it’s all free! (Well, quite rightly you are encouraged to make a donation which we were happy to do.) We stayed for hours, but that wasn’t enough, the goddaughter wanted to be taken to a park afterwards (the rest of us wanted a nap!) and then when we got home I had to watch a film with her (no opportunity to doze as she kept asking questions), then she wanted to see the chickens again and we sat in the garden for an hour engaged in a thoroughly confusing numbers game the rules of which only B knew and which kept changing anyway...

They went home today and it was sad to see them go. I was left wondering how people cope when they have children 24 hours a day 7 days a week... can you get plugged in to the mains to top up on energy?!

Now I’m looking forward to a big dinner (some days you just need a big dinner) and a big glass of wine (some days you just need a big glass of wine) and then an early night.

Really not looking forward to work tomorrow. I’m trying to remain positive – I’m hoping the wine will help ;0)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home