Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Not this time...

We didn’t get the house. It went for £100k over the guide price. We’re pretty gutted but we’ll get over it I guess. In the meantime, we’ve stopped looking. Back to Plan A which was to house hunt on our honeymoon.

The auction was almost over before it began. It was so quick and I think we would do everything we could to avoid that process in the future. Although you get an instant result, the stress is enormous.

All in all though, we had a lovely time, drinking too much beer with our friends on the Sunday night, and then the next day going shopping at Trago Mills, eating fish and chips on the harbour at Padstow and playing with the dog on the beach at Bude. Driving back was horrible. (Other than the disappointment of going back empty-handed I mean.) I was exhausted and had to pull over three times, once for a twenty minute nap just to get me through the next couple of hours. I could have cried with relief when we finally got home and I literally spent all of yesterday in bed watching DVDs and trying to think that something much better was just around the corner…

I booked a suit fitting this morning for next week. I’m having a bespoke suit made for the wedding and have finally got round to making an appointment. I’m pleased and excited! I’ve also sent off an email to the people hopefully doing the wedding cake.

Our best man is coming over on Sunday and on Saturday I think we’re going for a picnic just me and my partner and the dog – Saturday papers, picnic blanket, gorgeous lunch, cold white wine, bliss!

In the meantime I have to cope with being back in the office. Lots of work, lots of shit and no motivation to deal with any of it…

Least I have another interview to look forward to!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home