Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Half full or half empty?

Yesterday was a day of little disappointments and one massive stinker of a disappointment. I made my usual cup of coffee in my travel mug for my commute yesterday morning, left it on the roof of the car and drove off. When I braked it fell over and spilt coffee all over the car. (Although to be fair, this did make me laugh)

I ordered a pastrami and Swiss and they forgot the Swiss. How can you have a pastrami and Swiss without the Swiss?

My wedding suit jacket was too short and needs to be re-done so I have to wait another three weeks before I get my suit.

And then when I finally got home I discovered some bastard had stolen my beloved’s bike. A £600 Brompton folding bike. It was on the train, she took her eye off it and someone just calmly picked it up and walked away.

So here’s a competition for my loyal readers: if you can guess what I’m thinking right now (in graphic detail) you can win a packet of jelly babies - with the heads ripped off!

Actually don’t bother, it will just depress you and you’ll be surprised at how violent my thoughts are. I’m pretty sure you couldn’t get handle bars up there anyway…

People steal without consequence; they commit criminal acts and hurt people and they just don’t care about the damage they cause. Nobody seems to do anything. Occasionally there’s a hysterical knee-jerk piece of legislation or political spin about putting everyone who drops litter in the Tower of London and throwing away the key, or beheading teenagers who experiment with cider, or some such, but nothing real ever gets done.

It makes me so sick. Yes it’s just a bike and yes she wasn’t hurt or challenged but what’s the point of working hard and buying things of worth if some slack-jawed fucktard thinks they can just help themselves?

Today is going slightly better. It’s my half-year birthday and my partner brought me a birthday card and coffee in bed (I’m 34 and a half!). I had a good meeting this morning and there was enough food left over to not have to pay for lunch either!

I do however have an itchy tattoo and I need to clean the chickens out tonight. Cup half full or half empty… you decide…

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home