Thursday, June 26, 2008

The little things...


I love Waitrose. It makes me feel warm and loved. I stopped there on the way home last night to sort out what I wanted for my half-year birthday meal. And to buy some flowers for my beloved because despite putting a brave face on things, she’s still very upset about her bike. I managed to get some gorgeously fragrant (British grown) stocks which now look stunning in a vase in our bedroom.

I glided round Waitrose filling my trolley, getting smiled at by staff and feeling that grocery shopping can actually be quite pleasant when it’s not approached in the same way as one approaches a rugby scrum…

I decided on pizza and salad for the meal. Not original but it is one of my favourite meals.

After cleaning out the chickens and dinner, we ended up watching the Princess Diaries 2 on TV (purely by accident) and were a bit surprised to find it was a really funny film! And then my partner surprised me with a birthday cake! The remainder of which I’ve brought into work today. So it was a fantastic night really, very gentle and very relaxing…

Happy half-year birthday to me, happy half-year birthday to me, happy half-year birthday to meeeee, happy half-year birthday to me!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:35 am, June 26, 2008 , Blogger Buddhist in Training said...

Oh my God, lucky you, half year birthday! I think it's abought time i tried that one!

 
At 11:51 am, June 26, 2008 , Blogger retrogooseuk said...

Thank you! My 'proper' birthday is Christmas day so it tends to get a little over-looked, hence my partner ensuring I get two birthdays! Great blog by the way, just had a read of it...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home