Thursday, August 21, 2008

Packing

I think my hard work and organisation is paying off... although I may end up being wrong about that…

All the laundry is done, and more importantly dry. The various bits of paperwork are all sorted and / or printed and now in my briefcase. The little jobs (camera charged, sat nav charged, relevant maps fished out from the map drawer [yes we have a map drawer], instructions for chickens written, shoes polished, travel bottles labelled etc., etc.) are finished. And now I just need to put my tops – already folded – into my suitcase and effectively I’m done. But obviously this isn’t just a holiday, it’s our wedding and so I’m sat here, one eye on the Olympics, one eye on my to-do list, quietly fretting.

For several weeks now I’ve been concentrating on the paperwork. For example, I’ve booked helicopter flights to the Scilly Isles and I’ve checked I’ve got the tickets maybe half a dozen times now; passports and birth certificates – check, accommodation details – check, doggy vaccination cards – check, readings – check and so on and so forth…

Based on my organisational abilities just these last two weeks I could very possibly run the country with a high degree of success…

Our Hawaiian shirts haven’t arrived yet – yikes! But to be honest, if that’s the only fly in the ointment I can't really complain.

Right more coffee and then maybe one more check… you can’t be too careful leading up to one of the most important days of your life!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home