Saturday, August 09, 2008

Looking ahead...

Blimey, I think it’s all caught up with me. I woke up with a horrible, horrible headache. It was making me feel sick and the light was hurting my eyes. I took some tablets, feel back to sleep, woke up, took some more tablets, fell back to sleep and this time woke up after 2.30pm and finally felt well enough to get out of bed although I’m still a little fragile. I guess the stress and emotion of the last few weeks finally decide to wallop me one…

I’m thinking of re-training! I’m particularly interested in Environmental Studies and think I’ve found a course through the Open University. It’s an introductory course – perfect for me as I never excelled in science and maths at school (I’m quite badly dyslexic), and so I need to be sure I can handle the course before committing to a longer, more involved and much more expensive course. Although I’m daunted, I’m also excited. I do like a challenge and I want to make sure I make the most of any time off I have. I also don’t take kindly to not doing something well: just because I’m dyslexic, doesn’t mean I can’t conquer my unfamiliarity – and no small amount of terror! – of science and maths!

Tomorrow is my brother-in-law’s birthday and we’re taking him for brunch and to do a bit of shopping. I’m looking forward to it and my resting today should be full of beans tomorrow!

I was unexpectedly sad to leave the office yesterday. The girls gave me an envelope containing 3 goodbye cards and a £50 voucher for John Lewis; this as well as a gorgeous bunch of roses and lilies and being taken out to lunch twice. It made me realise that the amazing people I spoke about in a previous entry, also thought I wasn't half bad either. And that made it sad to leave.

Right, back to the sofa… I LOVE the Olympics!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home