Monday, August 04, 2008

Happy Monday!

This is my last Monday in work! In fact, this is my last week! I’m excited and impatient for it to be over. Although that said, I did lie awake for hours last night fretting about finding another job. I am, thankfully, quite employable and I have a great CV but still I have been out of work before and it sucks your soul…

Yesterday we went to Toys Wood in Kent, a lovely National Trust wood. They have three walks, the longest being 3 miles. I took my stick and was determined do the 3 mile walk. Unfortunately, the walks were not graded (some walks are graded for accessibility. People with mobility problems may not always struggle with the length of the walk, but they may struggle if it’s hilly or uneven). Sure enough, it almost killed me! Very steep drops, very steep climbs and uneven and rough ground… I was absolutely shattered at the end of it, and feeling sorry for myself because I was in quite a bit of pain. Even the dogs were exhausted (although very happy!) I guess I should have tried to find out how difficult the walk was but assumed – wrongly – that as there were no warnings about the level of difficulty, it would be alright. I won’t make that mistake again!

(I did take some pride it not having given up! It's what made me a good athlete - sheer bloody mindedness!)

When we got home, I took painkillers and didn’t really move from the sofa. Pluto, Bess and I watched Britain’s Strongest Man the 2007 finals and my partner pottered around the garden….

I didn’t go for my airship ride on Friday as strong winds meant it was cancelled. I’m – hopefully – going tonight.

I need to write a to-do list for this last week and I need to stay focused, lots to do and now, almost no time to do it!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home