Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fizzy vitimins and lunch with the boss

I will not miss my commute when I stop working. At all. Two hours and twenty minutes to do 12.5 miles because of accidents, fires and road works! I’m actually glad to be in the office and that’s saying something.

Last night I came home, took care of the animals and then went to bed to read. Laying down and with the fan on it didn’t take long for me to fall fast asleep so I feel much brighter this morning.

Yesterday my boss took me out to lunch and it was nice. She’s actually away on my last week (next week) and so wanted to say goodbye. The food was good and we ended up (not surprisingly) talking about everything but work. I think she might be feeling guilty! But to be honest I didn’t want to talk about work anyway, so it turned out to be very pleasant.

Talking of guilty, I should mention Berroca… (How random!) It’s the fizzy vitamin tablets and they very kindly sent me a blogger’s relief pack full of fun and silly and not-so-silly stuff several weeks ago because they liked my blog. It contained a dead Fred pen holder, a key ring that makes the same sound as popping bubble wrap, a stress ball, pen, some Berroca (natch), a drinking glass and my favourite: a big button that plugs into your computer that when you press makes exploding sounds and your screen goes black! So I rather enjoyed all that – thank you Berroca, and as for the effectiveness of the product…? (Drum roll?)

Pretty good actually. It does give you a pep and vitamins are good for you so you can’t really go wrong. And it doesn’t taste bad either so there you go. We’re saying yes to Berroca and if anybody else wants to do product placement on my blog, let me know. Although if something is rubbish I do say its rubbish – you might want to consider that!

I saw on Facebook that a friend of mine J was crowing about how he had been mentioned on this very blog yesterday, and how another friend had not been mentioned. Now obviously I try to only mention people in context, and as it was J that we travelled up to Shrivenham with last weekend, he got name checked (although I tend to only use initials). BUT in the interests of fairness and harmony, good morning Phil, good morning Jason. Now you have both been mentioned and I would like to say that guarantees some kind of fame, happiness or even a small reward, but sadly not. Although I am happy to give you a Berroca tablet each?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home