Thursday, July 17, 2008

Smile for the camera...

I’m as giddy as a kipper! We have sorted out the wedding photographer! For some reason – for some very strange reason seeing as I am a photographer and know how important it is – we didn’t initially give much thought to wedding photography. (Well only enough to realise that it was hugely expensive!) Anyway, lately we’ve come round to the idea that whilst we would like our friends to take lots of photos and send us copies, there really is no substitute for a proper set of wedding pics. We asked one person and they thought they could do it, we negotiated a price but then it turned out he couldn’t do it after all. But I have now asked a work colleague to do the job and he said yes!

He may not do photography full time but you wouldn’t know it. He is very professional and his photos are stunning. Some of his landscapes are truly breathtaking and his style with ‘people shots’ is flattering and intimate. (As you can tell, I rate him very highly!) Anyway, I didn’t even think of him to start with and then yesterday in an apple falling on your head sort of way, I suddenly thought, what about Robin!? Like I said, he said yes this morning and we’ve agreed a price and we are good to go…

He’s also a genuinely nice man and so will be easy to work with. I think to be a good photographer you have to be able to get people to relax. A tense subject is very difficult to photograph!

We pick up Bess later which is another reason I’m excited.

I slept long and well last night. I was in bed uber early and probably asleep by 8pm. I did wake up a couple of times. Pluto who was lying by the side of the bed, helpfully decided to warn me of some impending doom – right in my ear, at full volume – around 11pm. I had to scrape myself off the ceiling and we never did establish what the problem was. Probably a leaf fell past the window or some such... He got put in the kitchen after that.

I pick up my wedding suit tomorrow which is another reason to cheer – not least because it’s another fat tick on our wedding ‘to do’ list!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home