Friday, July 04, 2008

Decision

Well for those loyal readers hanging on to my every crisis, I'm taking redundancy. Yep, I talked it over with the wife and it was a no-brainer really. I feel excited and full of energy. (And already making plans for the 2 months I'm taking off to be a perfect housewife, lol!)

I won't exactly miss the place either. Let's face it, my life goals are clear: to have a small farm in the middle of nowhere surrounded by kids and animals and visiting friends and, to write full time. It doesn't exactly tally with working in a stuffy office, being prevented from doing my job well and stressful commutes!

At least I can use the time off to find us a house in Cornwall.

Before you think it was too easy, I did actually spend almost all of last night staring at the ceiling unable to switch off my brain. I think I thought of everything - serious and trivial alike, but it's the right decision and I'm just grateful I can make it.

In fact suddenly I feel very aware of all that I do have to be grateful about. Isn't that strange? Not that it's a bad thing, we take too much for granted at the best of times, but it's like I have becomely acutely aware of the fact my life is a charmed one. Yes, we have bad weeks and ups and downs and even some very serious stuff to deal with but then I look at what I have and feel that my life has balance and meaning and pleasure. And it's because of those things, and those people that I can make this decision and be brave!

I'd better be one hell of a housewife!

Tonight we're off to Cardiff to see the wonderful Dolly Parton, a legend long before the word became cheapened and virtually meaningless. I'm so excited and on that note, need to get going - I have so much to do today before I can even think of hitting the road.

Enjoy your weekend. I know I will.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home