Monday, June 30, 2008

Canada Rocks!

Do you ever worry that you’re going to forget all the concerts you’ve been too? This was what was preoccupying me this morning on my commute so for me more than you; this is the list of people I’ve seen in no particular order:

Madonna (Blond Ambition)
Neil Diamond
Manic Street Preachers
Steps (don’t even go there…)
Erasure
Soul II Soul
Dolly Parton (this Friday)
KT Tunstall
Capercallie
Kate Rusby
Mel C (surprisingly good even if some of her lyrics are a bit strange. Who can forget – and I paraphrase – ‘you don’t have a home and I can’t even do without my phone’. A searing insight into the life of a homeless person.)
Paul van Dyk
Dulwich Ukulele Club
Brother Beyond (I was only 13 at the time…)
London Lasses
Public Enemy

Wouldn’t it be great to go to a festival where all those people were playing? No? Just me then… Anyway, that’s not an exhaustive list by any means and I will be adding to it over the next couple of days.

We’re off to the concert Canada Rocks tonight at Trafalgar Square in aid of Canada Day tomorrow for those of you not in the loop. (Which could explain why I’m ticking off all the concerts I’ve seen.) I’m looking forward to being Canadian for an evening. Just one evening – I’m not sure they’d want me any longer than that…

We’re worried about Martha. She’s listless and clearly not on good chicken form. We’re keeping a close eye and making sure she eats and drinks but I’m just about to phone the vet and ask whether they deal with chickens – being London, they’re more used to dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

I went on to a forum for all things poultry but ended up thinking she had half a dozen illnesses and was left feeling upset and confused. Maybe she’s just having an off day? And maybe I’m just being optimistic…

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home