Sunday, June 29, 2008

Another trip to the New Forest

Yesterday was lovely. Although we had another bit of bad luck when my partner’s bank called her to say her details had been stolen (my credit card company called only a few days ago to say the same thing – not related – and they had to send me a new card and account number.) However, thanks to their vigilance, she was contacted straight away and there hasn’t been too much damage.

Anyway, we arrived in Burley just after 1pm with two very excited dogs and found a quiet sunny spot to lay out all the picnic stuff (for those of you interested: butternut tarte with caramelised onion and apple, fresh salad, sweetcorn, bottle of bubbly, spiced carrot cake and kettles chips! I do a fabulous picnic!) We then spent a happy couple of hours lazing in the sun and taking photos before heading into the village for a cream tea. I also bought a rather magnificent walking stick with a deer antler handle. If I have to use a walking stick from time to time, why not a handsome one?

Then it was back into the forest for a game of mini boules, more exploring for the dogs and more lazing for the humans before we decided to head into Lymington and walk down to the old quay and eat fish and chips in the last of the sunshine.

We got home around 10pm; tired, grubby, well fed and satisfied and with over 200 photos. A very good day indeed.

Today my partner headed over to Brick Lane market where it is reputed most stolen bikes end up. She saw one Brompton but sadly, not hers. Although she realised she was probably looking at bikes that were stolen from some other poor sod and that made her sad. Back home (I had to go and help my mum with her shopping) we ate fresh bagels from Brick Lane and discussed getting another dog.

Now I’m thinking a pre-dinner nap might be in order and then a bit of telly and a glass of wine before the weekend is over...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home