Tuesday, August 05, 2008

So near...

Last night I drove all the way to Upminster (middle of nowhere) from Hammersmith without a sat nav (which I forgot) and was, frankly, feeling very pleased with myself. With my navigational capacities I mused, I could be a scout leader. Not that I particularly want to be, but it’s nice to have options. Unfortunately though, when we eventually got to the airfield to go on the airship, the flight was cancelled because of strong winds!

Oh well, you can’t control nature. She’s a minxy beast.

I’ve spent a happy hour this morning checking out the websites of American minor league baseball teams. I’m not sure why, but I got a sudden fancy and went with it…

I’ve decided I like the Portland Beavers and the Toledo Mud Hens in case you're interested. I used to really like baseball, specifically the Giants and the Yankees, and was lucky enough to get to see two Giants games when we were over in SF. My partner couldn’t see the attraction but I was in heaven.

This is, of course, a classic example of displacement theory. A bit like when you’re supposed to be studying for your GCSE’s and you decide instead to alphabetise your socks, eat noodles and look up top tips for successful ant farming. I have work to do and very little time to do it in (especially as I am leaving early today as well!) and so I decided to do something else entirely. And now I’m blogging.

I also started the cross word but have so far only managed three clues which is fairly shocking. I’ve just drunk a smoothie in the hope that it may encourage my brain to perform better. Unfortunately it just gave me heartburn. But if my brain doesn't kick in soon I may well end up looking up vintage tractor sites, American college football teams, discount shoe shops or something else entirely...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home