Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Roger, over and out...

Morning chums, I came home to lots of exciting things yesterday. Including the two tops I ordered from American Eagle; a Lacoste watch I ordered for my partner (I wanted to get her something nice for our engagement and she mentioned that she’d quite like a watch ages ago. It’s amazing what I file in this cluttered mind of mine); and (yes there’s more!) walkie talkies!

I don’t think I’m over egging the pudding to say that a childhood dream came true yesterday: to own my very own pair of proper walkie talkies. I mean sure, I had an Action Man set but then, who didn’t?! And they barely worked either side of a door. These work over a 3 mile radius and I was so excited that I needed a wee. I don’t know what it is about walkie talkies, I mean, it’s not like I haven’t got a very efficient mobile phone. God knows, anyone that’s every seen me shouting for the Steelers will know I can probably yell loud enough to cover 3 miles. But when I saw them advertised, all that excitement of being 12 again came flooding back and I knew I had to have them. I have no idea of when or even why we might need to use them, but at least I know that when the time comes to communicate with someone over a three mile radius without the aid of a mobile phone, I’m ready for the job…

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:24 pm, July 25, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you love the Steelers. Did you ever live in Pittsburgh?

Anyway, I used to like American Eagle until I found out they’re doing zilch to protect workers’ rights. AE claims it cares about workers — its own code of conduct requires contractors to respect the right of employees to form unions. Yet workers at the NLS warehouse - contracted to ship AE clothing in Canada - faced harassment and intimidation when they tried to improve conditions by forming a union with UNITE HERE, the union I work for. Since then, American Eagle hasn’t lifted a finger. Let’s boycott American Eagle until they enforce their code of conduct. Sign the boycott pledge at www.AmericanVulture.org.

Would love to have your help in spreading the word. thank you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home