Friday, July 20, 2007

Wheezer

Well, we're off in about an hour and a half. We seem to have pretty much the same amount of gear going to Cornwall for three days as we did going to Scotland for two weeks... to be fair, we are taking some equipment down for my brother-in-law's band, but even so...

People will look at us and think, now those people know how to camp! With our folding chairs and table, bar-b-q, fancy tent, solar powered lamps, air bed, duvet (I can't do sleeping bags, how can a bag that you sleep in be so complicated?!); we'll be toasting the stars with a bottle of pink fizz we bought especially, and eating fine food...

My asthma was - in the words of our young people - well dodgy last night. I had to get an extra pillow and take extra Ventolin. I must say it was a bit worrying the day before we were due to set off. My problem (and it's a bit of a paradox) it that I bounce like a rubber ball. If I'm ill I tend to get ill very quickly, but I also normally get better super quick. I just seem to be generally quite a healthy person and everything kicks in and within a short space of time of getting the right medication or resting, I start to show real improvement. Of course, it sometimes means you do too much too soon but as I loathe being ill I can't complain. The upshot is that I need to remember that I'm still ill and take it very easy...

So no blogging over the weekend. I'm hoping we miss the rain just long enough to put up our tent and that the good weather forces its way through... hope you get some sunshine wherever you are too!

(PS. I have a feeling we'll be taking the opportunity of being in Cornwall to visit some wedding venues!)

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home