Saturday, July 14, 2007

My hat

The missus just made pancakes with fresh (British) strawberries and bananas with maple syrup. Yum... two cups of coffee and some freshly squeezed orange juice later, I'm ready for my day. Which includes, as loyal readers will know, a trip to homobase for window boxes and now, buying a £150 tent for our trip next weekend and all subsequent camping thereafter. It's not that we're being flash - our current tent is fine - but I need one I can stand up in. You try (on dodgy knees) crouching, getting dressed and keeping your balance...

Our trip to the literary festival in Cornwall next weekend will see the re-emergence of my hat. I'm surprised I haven't blogged about my hat previously. It's very special. And indeed, I look very special when I wear it. I bought it at the Outsider festival, it's a hat with a brim and is completely and utterly waterproof. I wore it and didn't even realise it was raining after a while except of course that I was sinking into the mud and the rest of me was drenched through to bone... apart from that though...

When I first tried it on my partner laughed and I got a bit cross but the woman selling the hat lent me her compact mirror and frankly, I thought I looked OK, quite dashing in an outdoorsy sort of way. So I bought it, and it became my very loyal companion. You can stuff it in your pocket, scrunch it into your bag or indeed, wear it on your head. It's fantastic and was what stood between me and influenza. So I will be taking my hat to Cornwall. It's not that I want it to rain - I just want to be prepared. People may laugh at me but I will be forever dry and just that bit warmer... whose your hat daddy?!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home