Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Smashing blackcurranty bit

Apart from discovering blackcurrant jaffa cakes, things have been a little slow... I'm off work AGAIN! The cold that was aggravating my asthma turned into a bronchial infection over the weekend. I went into work on Monday and my boss sent me straight home again. I have a very impressive cough which is less impressive at 3 in the morning... so I'm off till Tuesday next week (I had Monday booked off on annual leave).

Now I'm concentrating on getting well so I can go to Cornwall this weekend. I really, really, really want to go and we have our fab new tent to road test.

Despite all this, we managed to have a nice weekend (spent a fortune at, among other places, Millet's*) and went for a drink with friends but everything was very gentle and slow, with lots of lying on the sofa and doing nothing.

After going to the doc's this morning - I got my favourite doctor which was nice - I went for a quick haircut. I can't be doing with big hair when I'm under the weather.

Anyway, I shall end this frankly not very interesting entry by explaining why I have put an asterix by Millets. Millets Lewisham rocks. I get all my outdoor gear from them and have spent a fortune over the years. The service is great, not a bad range for a smallish store and competitive pricing. But really, it's the first one, the service, that's so excellent. I wrote previously to their HQ about the Lewisham manager saying what a star he was and they printed it in the staff magazine! Well on Saturday the store was full of youngsters (sorry to be stereotypical) and it was really busy so I was a little unconvinced that we would get to talk to someone at length about tents. How wrong I was. Everyone went out of their way to show us tents, give us information and answer our queries. So if you need any outdoor stuff, Lewisham Millets is the way forward...

Ok that's it. I need a lie down and a jaffa cake... later...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home