Friday, August 31, 2007

The soggy adventures of Beaky

I’m working from home today and as well as lots of work to do, I need to pick up the car and drop some shopping and tablets round to my mum who is in a bad way at the moment. The bone strengthening infusion they gave her with her last chemo has rendered her almost immobile. For several days she could barely walk and now is reduced to hobbling around using a stick. So I’m taking over some supplies and a couple of DVDs (nothing worse than daytime TV when you have no choice about the matter) at lunchtime. The chemo is destroying her feet so walking was becoming a problem anyway, but she was coping really well with the huge doses they’ve been giving her. But this has been a set-back.

We want to take her to Paris for her birthday (November) but we might have to sit down and talk to her about it (it was going to be a surprise) because nobody but the person themselves knows how much they can cope with and what will be too tiring. We can always do something else it’s just that she’s always wanted to go to Paris…

The car is – we think – doing well. I’ve just spoken to the delightful woman at the garage whom I think suspects I’m a bit of an over-anxious idiot but manages to hide that opinion of me, most of the time anyway. The problems are not extensive and despite the drama of being ‘recovered’ (I don’t know why I always put it in bunny ears) by a man with a very big beard, Victor will be ready this afternoon to return to the bosom of this over-anxious idiot…

Pluto is chewing contently on his beaky (once a woodpecker, now a series of strips and two large furry feet hanging on for dear life – it was given to him by my best man and is his favourite toy), but really he would like his walk so I may have to stop this blogging nonsense, grab a shower and put on some clothes. More things to do…

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home