Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Insurance

Dealing with insurance is, I have discovered, something of a game. Which is a bit strange because I don’t pay my insurance to play games, I play it to look after me if the worst happens – and the worst did happen (well, that’s an exaggeration the worst would have involved physical injury but you know what I mean.)

Anyway, the insurance came back to us yesterday and made a predictably low offer. We were warned that this would happen and my partner called them back and in no uncertain terms told them it wasn’t acceptable. To cut a long story short, she was great! She argued really well about how much the car was actually worth and they agreed! They upped their offer considerably! But to fair we were never unreasonable. We had taken advice from the garage that assessed the damage to the car about what she was worth and done online comparable checks, and because the car was in such good condition and with such low mileage, the insurance eventually agreed and like I said, came back with a better and far more acceptable offer. So if you have to go through this, be prepared to negotiate! Don’t be greedy or unrealistic and make sure you check market value etc. but remember you don’t have to necessarily accept the first offer – they always come in low. As a bonus, the insurance have verified that it was a no-fault accident and we now have a year’s no claim bonus.

I’ve come into work today to a brand new PC (4 PCs were nicked last week, mine included). It seems that it’s much more powerful than the last one which was infuriatingly slow. My desk is still a mess – they knocked and broke loads of things, but I’ll gradually get things sorted again.

Anyway, as ever, lots to do so I better get on…

(I just booked the day off work next week for my alpaca training day… I’m very excited!)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home