Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Knees

Realised I hadn’t really followed up from my hospital appointment last week. The whole thing was fairly civilised. I was seen quickly, the doctor was pleasant and I had x-rays done in record time but it turns out that as well as crumbling kneecaps, I also have arthritis in both knees. I must admit I was quite upset. Arthritis is a horrible condition. I was left wondering will the pain get worse, will one condition cancel out the other?! Anyway, I now have to have an MRI scan – a tracking scan to be precise; I move my knees as they are being scanned.

I did whack the doctor on the arm, completely unintentionally (although we now know I have excellent reflexes). It happens each time; they have to prod and poke and manipulate my knees to hear the interesting creaking noise they make and see what range of movement I have and it hurt and before I knew it, he had poked particularly hard and my hand flew out and hit him on the arm. Luckily I didn’t hit him hard but there was nothing I could do and he seemed quite understanding, noting with masterful understatement that my knees were particularly tender in that area.

He mentioned surgery but frankly I’m not interested, I’ve had two ops on my left knee and bugger all good they’ve done me! So time will tell, but I’m hopeful that they can provide some help. Fingers crossed anyway!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3:55 am, August 30, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came upon your blog quite by accident and I really enjoy it. You are a good observer of life without getting too narcissistic.

 
At 11:04 am, August 30, 2007 , Blogger retrogooseuk said...

Thank you - I really appreciate your comments. I love doing the blog and it's nice that others enjoy reading it... Allison (Retrogooseuk)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home