Thursday, August 30, 2007

Cars, bats and minus anniversaries

The sooner I get some shire horses and a cart, the happier I’ll be. The car’s in the garage! In a nutshell, there were a couple of jobs that needed doing and the car was booked in for tomorrow, Friday. However, I got to the car park after work yesterday and the car wouldn’t start! In steps Green Flag – not as quickly as they currently advertise but still they sent a very good mechanic so I can’t really complain. The oil leak was worse than had previously been diagnosed and had gone into the spark plugs which meant the engine couldn’t catch. And so I needed to be ‘recovered’. Another chap turned up – lovely man, big beard – loaded up Victor (he needed to push me out of the car park because the lorry was too big to get in) and drove me and the car home. I got to the car park last night at 4:50pm and got home 10:20pm! If there had been any beer in the house, I would have had several! So this morning the car has been taken to the garage a day earlier than planned and is currently undergoing minor surgery.

You would be forgiven for reading my last half a dozen entries or so and vowing never to get involved with cars and/or insurance companies, but although we’ve had a bit of stress and inconvenience, against all the odds, I’m actually feeling quite positive. The car will be fixed and if it was good before it will be even better now.

But a horse and cart might be easier…

We have a friend who is moving to Australia shortly and is having a leaving party in Brighton this weekend. It’s also an excuse to visit the grandparents so once again, we’re off. This time the hound will be staying with his best friend because a busy, boozy party is not the best environment for him. He’ll only get overexcited and try and eat something he shouldn’t.

It’s our minus anniversary today! Exactly one year from today we will be getting married. We’re going on an organised bat walk tonight to celebrate. Our local woods have a very active wildlife group and they organise various talks, walks and events. Anyway, we both like bats and so we’re going on a night walk with two other friends. I’m really looking forward to it! A flask of hot chocolate might not go amiss…

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home