Sunday, September 02, 2007

Paris in December!

We’re knackered after driving down to Brighton last night to say goodbye to two dear friends who are moving to Sydney, and driving back the same night. (My partner drove back so I could have a drink, which I did. Several.) There were a few tears at the end of the evening. It’s crazy, we go months without seeing them and we may have gone months more, but they were always there. Well, one of them travels the world on business and was as often away as he was here, but you know what I mean. Anyway, well worth the trip. Great party, lovely people and a nice goodbye to two very nice guys. (Although ever the opportunist, I am thinking when can we visit?!)

The car performed beautifully after I picked it up from the garage Saturday morning. I was pleasantly surprised at the cost, the quality of work seems high and even my partner said how smooth and powerful and easy to drive the car was. So hopefully all our car troubles are at an end!

Today – other than slobbing around in our PJs, eating bacon and egg bagels and playing with the dog – we did a really nice thing… My mum has always wanted to go to Paris and we decided a couple of month ago that we would take her for her upcoming birthday. Well we’ve just booked everything! Three days in Paris at a lovely hotel and return tickets on Eurostar in December so we can christmas shop as well! I’m so delighted, she really deserves a lovely birthday surprise.

Now the other mum has turned up, the in law. A nice surprise and an excuse for tea and biscuits!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home