Monday, December 10, 2007

Could there be a TV series in this?!

Work sucks. It’s so tiring. Take today (please), I haven’t done anything but I’m now ready for a nap. (Don’t get me started on my ‘we should all be allowed to nap at work’ argument.) And it’s cold.

Anyway, my irritating colleague has decided to raise money for Children in Need. (Hasn’t that gone already?) She is offering Reiki; five minutes for a fiver, or a head and shoulder massage; ten minutes, also for £5. Now I don’t know much about Reiki, but I’m pretty sure it needs longer than five minutes. In fact (and I can’t be sure this is correct, it’s just what I was told), rushing Reiki or doing it wrong can be very damaging.

She showed me the first draft of the poster she designed to advertise her services and I pointed out that the picture she had used to illustrate said poster might not be in the best taste. She got a bit defensive and asked why and I pointed out that using a picture of two children in obvious distress was not appropriate to advertise massage! She went ahead and used the picture anyway. And to be fair, it has given me something to blog about so who am I to complain. I’m not sure if anyone has taken her up on her attempt to save the world, but I am tempted to ask what qualifies her to offer Reiki and massage? It’s a bit like me doing some random poster ‘Oil filter change £8.50, colonic irrigation (bring your own hose) £2.35, painting and decorating by the hour… all monies to Save the Ferret.’

I should really try and get on with some work. Who knows when the next instalment of ‘Irritating Colleague’ will air, but I have a feeling you won’t have to wait too long…

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home