Friday, December 07, 2007

The Hyundai has landed

I’m not sure where to start! We picked up the car today – after much stress. We transferred the money for the car from one account to another, except the transfer went astray! If you’re a Coop customer and you did a transfer last weekend, you may want to check whether the money has actually arrived! Anyway we called the bank today and the money should turn up by next Tuesday... we can only hope anyway...

So our day didn’t start too well but we got over that and sorted everything out. Picking up the car was tres exciting! It looked just as lovely and shiny as it did the last time we saw it (just as well really) and before long we hit the open road... or at least, the road out of Welling. Since then I have been finding excuses to go and look at the car. At first it was taking out the rubbish, then I had left the old tax disk which needed to be sent back for a refund, in the glovebox, but then I started running out of excuses so I just occasionally stood in the garden gazing lovingly at our new edition to the family...

I did think about going for a drive this afternoon, but I’m exhausted – it’s been a busy week! – and I needed to do some work. Tomorrow we’re off to buy a Christmas tree and then my partner is taking me out on a date! So far, all I know is that I can drive there, lol!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home