Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Dirty robbing bastards...

It’s official. I’m a doofus. I got a parking ticket! Yesterday we had to get to an appointment and we were running late, it was a residential street, approx. 7pm and I thought I would be ok. I wasn’t! I have to pay £60 (or £120 if I don’t pay within 14 days).

Traffic wardens really are parasites. I’m of the view, that you need traffic wardens (there, that surprised you!) because as a breed, car drivers are generally quite selfish. ‘I’m not disabled but I can’t bear the thought of walking so I’ll park outside the shop, mounting the kerb meaning anyone with a buggy or a wheelchair can’t pass on the pavement, but with the backside of the car sticking out causing cars to slow down and back up…’ that sort of thing. When you see someone being an idiot, parking dangerously, causing a blockage etc., etc. you think well they need to be moved on and someone has got to do it. But I’ve got three tickets now and at no time was I causing an obstruction or parked dangerously. In one case my ticket was for not displaying a permit – I was – and the person that gave me the visitors permit has written to the council saying how disgusted he was that I was issued said ticket when I did everything that was expected of me. But last night, I was on a yellow so I won’t be contesting this ticket because I was in the wrong. However they are still parasites. What happened to common sense and decency? What happened to benefit of the doubt? What happened to, this is a quiet residential street and she or he isn’t in anyone’s way…?

I have a meeting in less than an hour and I’m not sure I can rouse myself. I chair the meeting (I’m a very strict chair!) and I feel I should show enthusiasm otherwise how can I inspire enthusiasm in others? I’ve bought everyone doughnuts and mince pies so hopefully that will kick everything off in good spirits. But I suspect I need a very large and very strong coffee before then.

Tonight I’ve decided I want to wrap presents. I’ve bought quite a few now, but there are still one or six I need to get. I may have to venture into a shop – I’ve done all I can online. The thought terrifies me. People become crazed and single minded when they do Christmas shopping, and they have no problem hurting you if you stand between them and whatever it is they want… ‘tis the season to whack you in the ankles, jump the queue, stockpile food, buy expensive plastic crap and body slam strangers who happen to be in your way…

Ho, ho, ho!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:58 pm, December 12, 2007 , Blogger TM said...

Creepy!

I got a parking ticket yesterday as well !

Grrr!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home