Friday, June 13, 2008

Helpful pets

Pluto decided to take me for a walk down the woods earlier today. He thought I needed the fresh air. Woods are one of our favourite places and it was lovely and cool and full of squirrels so naturally Pluto had to assert his dominance much to their amusement... I walked along slowly, whilst Pluto charged about and occasionally ran up to me with a big grin on his furry little face.

As we drove back we saw a fox cub sunning himself in the hot sun, right out in the open. Bold as brass, he sat there watching us only a couple of feet away. Admittedly we were in the car and had I opened the car door, he would have been gone in a second. I stopped the car and watched him for a minute before we drove off. As we turned the corner there was a man up ahead doing some building work being ‘helped’ by his dog. The man was filling a bag with building sand and presumably taking it to where he was working. Each time he poured in a shovel full, the dog would stick his head in the bag – just to check that there were no cats or sausages in there – spilling a bit of sand and then looking up expectantly at his dad. The man didn’t seem to mind and would gently push the dog’s head away and add more sand. It was very sweet!

Pluto likes to be helpful. He likes to lean on just-painted walls and chicken runs to see if the paint is dry, or bark at the Hoover just in case it attacks us, or eat the food we drop on the floor to save us bending down to pick it up... how would we manage without our pets?

I’ve generally had a productive day managing to do some work, get the car washed, do the grocery shopping and get a bit of exercise with Mr. P. I even paid all my bills. (Although that was a lot less pleasurable!)

It’s going to a be a great weekend, but for now I’m having a Chinese and a beer and putting my feet up.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home