Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Biker mongrel

My wedding suit will be ready next week! How exciting! (How to transform from slightly scruffy to sophisticated chic in only three weeks – and with a shed load of cash…!)

We think we’ve decided on cupcakes for the wedding (don’t tell anyone will you) but that may change as it already has done on four occasions. Yesterday we briefly flirted with trying to organise the running order. Who says what, when, basically. It was surprisingly complicated.

Here’s something that annoyed me yesterday on my commute home… a kid was in the middle of the road waiting to cross and I saw him and braked fairly hard to bring my speed right down. Because in that split second I couldn’t guarantee that he wouldn’t misjudge my speed/stop paying attention and step across the road. There was a biker behind me – not that close – but he started shouting abuse at me and gesticulating because I had braked when it wasn’t a zebra crossing. Now I should point out I had checked my mirror to ensure that nobody went into the back of me and then made a calculated decision. But despite this, I spent the rest of the journey seething. As he went past my open window shouting I told him to “fuck off idiot”. Not very dignified but I’m glad I said something. So what did I do wrong? Kids sometimes do step out at the wrong time and I didn’t want this to be one of those times. No one behind me was adversely affected – yes, they would have seen my brake lights and my reduction in speed and so would have had to also slow down but really, is that enough to make people so angry nowadays that they mouth off? Apparently, yes. Sad, isn’t it?

I got home in one piece though and was glad to enjoy a glass of wine with the missus and some lavender oil to sooth my ravaged soul…

And then I watched Murder, She Wrote and NCIS!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home