Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Not good enough

I didn’t get the job. I came home to a letter – and a t-shirt I ordered but my excitement at getting that soon disappeared when I read my rejection letter...

On the one hand, I’ve sent off two job applications and got two interviews which is pretty impressive and if I can lift myself out of my self-pity for a minute, I would point out that there is a reason for that: I’m a skilled professional with a great CV, but anyway, back to self pity. Two interviews for jobs I really wanted and I didn’t get either one. So what now? I’ve already done another application (before I knew the outcome of this job) and have another one lined up so I’m doing everything right, but I’m so fed-up right now. Actually I feel really bruised. You don’t realise how much you invest in job applications and interviews. I’m not one of those people that send off random job applications I genuinely need to want and be excited about the job before I can start on what is a long and involved process. I’m a bit of a crap liar and would find it extremely difficult to sit in an interview saying this is the job of my dreams when actually, it really isn’t! (Apparently I start to fidget terribly and keep looking away just in case you ever want to know if I’m lying to you.)

I should get back on the horse I guess, but for a while I might just sit in the dirt kicking my heels and feeling that the world is just a bit unfair....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home