Monday, June 02, 2008

Park life

I haven’t blogged about my park for a while. For those of you who regularly read my blog you’ll know it is generally an unremarkable park, but the birdlife is astonishing we even have woodpeckers and parakeets. I was walking a grumpy Mr P (my partner is away on business for 2 days and he doesn’t feel he should have been left behind) and was letting my mind drift and I was struck yet again how fantastic parks are generally. They can’t all be fancy with herds of deer, or lakes, or top of the range sports facilities – and in fact thanks to the Tories and in no way helped by Labour – it’s remarkable we have these green spaces at all. Just this morning there was one jogger, three speed walking grannies, four dog walkers and one new dog walker training his German Shepherd puppy (very cute but I do hope he can grow into his ears!), two people taking a short cut across the park, one cyclist and someone pushing a pram and getting a bit of fresh air with their baby…

Not bad for 7am on a Monday morning in an unremarkable park, eh?

Yesterday I was recovering – not from drinking too much but standing too much. It was a fairly gentle day with tea and chocolate in the afternoon with friends who are currently renovating their house. It’s chaos but exciting as well, and I can’t wait to see it all finished. (It did make me a little wistful though, if we had got the house, we would be - if not doing, then planning - renovation work as well.)

Afterwards we went for a walk with the dog and then back on the sofa, feet up, telly on. I was trying to keep my mind off work but occasionally I would feel a sense of dread as I thought about the long stressful week ahead.

Still haven’t heard about the job – still got everything crossed…

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home