Sunday, May 25, 2008

Update on Pluto and the vet

Just a quick update because I’m up to my nipples in fishermen and dog psychology – don’t ask – but I realise I left my last entry on a cliffhanger. Pluto went to the vet and he’s absolutely fine! In fact he’s lost 3.5kg (which is a good thing because as a chunky breed – or breeds – he needs his weight lept in check).

Dogs do sometimes lose nails, it can be a little sore but as a rule, if the area is dry and free of blood and yuck, if the dog isn’t limping and he or she seems in fine spirits, you keep a close eye but let nature takes its course. But of course, that fine and sensible advice goes right out of the window when it’s your own beloved pooch...

Pluto loves going to the vet and they seem to love seeing him. I guess if you get animals that are pissed off and anxious about being there day in day out, being treated like a long lost family member cheers you up. So P bounded in full of the joys and I lifted his heavy old ass onto the treatment table. He didn’t like his paw being examined particularly but was very good and definitely earned the treats the vet gave him. Yes the nail is broken, but really, it’s nothing to worry about. To justify the £17 for 4 minutes of the vet’s time, he also weighed Pluto and that’s when we discovered he’s lost some puppy fat. So all in all, a good visit: I didn’t need a small unsecured loan to pay for it and Pluto is absolutely fine.

We did nothing yesterday, we’re both a bit under the weather (my partner more so) and tired and so we slept and mooched. I did a bit of ironing and polished the shoes I’m wearing for my interview and finished off the photos I did for my photo shoot on Thursday evening (which went really well). And then we cooked a nice meal and watched Run Fat Boy, Run in the evening, which was hysterically funny! Today I’m working on my presentation and doing a bit of dog psychology homework, but I’m hoping my partner will be making pancakes shortly to keep me creatively fuelled!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home