Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Great karma

I once started a blog “some days are just better that others” well I hate to plagiarise myself, but some days are so much better than others…

I phoned the nasty TV licensing people this morning and paradoxically spoke to a very nice man who made my day. The case has been withdrawn. A summons should “never have been issued” and in fact they were baffled as to why one had been issued and he apologised. He is writing to me today to confirm all this in a letter. Being a belt and braces kind of girl, my partner then advised me to call the magistrates court to confirm this and I spoke to a lovely woman who checked (and double checked) the system to confirm that yes, the case had been withdrawn. This normally would be enough for me to attempt the Morcambe and Wise ‘bring me sunshine song’ but there’s more… I got into to work, checked my email and saw that the producer who asked for my script in Ireland had emailed. He called the script stunning; he thinks it’s absolutely brilliant. I don’t know what this mean in terms of the next step, but I can tell you, to get that kind of feedback from a respected and successful film professional is thrilling. In fact I feel a little giddy.

I have to make sure I work hard and am nice to everyone I meet today to keep all this good karma coming my way…

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home