Thursday, July 26, 2007

Onions, getting married and suburbia

I’ll be glad of a lie-in tomorrow. This week has been a nightmare trying to get out of bed in the morning. Even my shower and a cup of strong coffee hasn’t helped. Really I just want to be at home with Harry Potter – the book not the boy wizard. Although that said there is stuff we need fixed around the house so it would be quite handy if he did pop round. He could also make our onions grow bigger and mow our lawn with a flick of his wand…

We received our provisional booking from the Cornwall registry office yesterday. It was lovely to see our names on the booking form and made me wish we didn’t have over a year to wait to get hitched. Mind you, with how much all this is costing we need at least that long to save some money. Romance may be free but ceremonies, rings and big hats cost… not that either of us are wearing a big hat. Although perhaps there is a place for my ‘special’ hat?! I’m sure it would only confirm what my partner has suspected for a while, I may not have got the job as the village idiot but I was on the short list…

Talking of coffee (although to be fair, we’d moved on…) I need another cup. I feel it’s going to be a long day and tonight we have to move boxes for a friend. We need to go all the way to Surbiton. Surbiton! Do they let working class people into Surbiton?!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home