Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Dogs vs. humans

Morning fans, well we had a lovely evening yesterday. Two friends came around for dinner and we had delicious veggie wraps and then elaborate cream and fresh fruit tarts, yum! This morning I decided to set the alarm half an hour later than normal and take my time walking the pooch. He met practically all his friends in the park. At one stage he was playing with six other dogs… I love it when he gets to interact with other dogs. Sometimes, if we’re very early or very late going on a walk we meet no other canine chums and I think it must be like us going into work and not meeting another human being and only being surrounded by dogs with whom we can’t really communicate. Actually that sounds like my idea of heaven. I much prefer the company of animals to humans who can be difficult and demanding. And somehow, I’ve always thought a smelly dog or a dog that eats really noisily is far less offensive than a human that does the same.

Anyway, enough about my peculiarities, I’ve been working on a wedding information booklet which has been fun; accommodation, travel, things to do, info about the ceremony… it will be included with the formal invites which should hopefully be sent out soon. We sent out a ‘heads-up’ email a week ago with the venue, time and date because a lot of our friends travel abroad for business and the like, and we wanted to give them as much notice as possible so they can make sure they can be there. I’m very excited and would quite happily just work on wedding stuff, that said, back in the real world, I have ‘we-pay-you-to-do-this’ work piling up so I need to vamoose…

What a strange word vamoose is? Apparently, it’s from the Latin vadere to go, walk rapidly…

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home