Friday, September 14, 2007

Crushed

It’s fair to say I’m vexed. I just watched the rugby and despair of England retaining the World Cup. Where do I start? No clear leadership (no clear heads!) leading to directionless kicking, loose defence and turn over ball. Or in other words, South Africa controlled their game, England scrambled to stay in the game…

There are two things I’m insanely optimistic about, the weather and English sporting chances. I still think we can do it, but instead of it being hard, it’s now become a nightmare! At least I can wash my England shirt now. I don’t wash it while we’re winning. Needless to say since about 4 years ago, it’s been regularly laundered! But tonight I got pizza down my front and so into the machine it goes…

I was supposed to be going for dinner with my partner and friends tonight but it’s been a tough week so I asked to be excused. But because my partner has been unwell I made her promise to call me to pick her up. I don’t normally tell my partner what to do, I wouldn’t dare, but I was firm tonight. She gave in gracefully, lol.

So anyway, back to the rugby, we now have to wait 8 days to see how we square up to Samoa. Let’s hope we show more guts, more strategy, more confidence, more skill and more self-belief. It’s a big ask, but it can be done…

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home