Sunday, September 09, 2007

Bread

Yes it really is this early on a Sunday morning. Three nights of very little sleep is catching up – but I decided to get up and grab the day anyway!

The bread is baking and I’m looking forward to some fresh, warm bread in about 10 minutes! The bread machine is top of the line and it didn’t cost us a penny! (Shoplifting is all about confidence… just kidding.) Continuing in the great tradition of buying expensive kitchen gadgets that you only use once or twice and then put into a cupboard, our friends did exactly that with the bread machine. They’ve used it three times and then it got put away in early retirement. So they gave it to us yesterday. I can’t imagine what it would have cost new, and we both really wanted one so we’re pretty delighted with their generosity! If the end product is as delicious as I hope, I’ll be taking orders by next week…

We’re off to the Battersea Dog show today. I came close to cancelling because I really am tired, but figuring Mr Pluto needs a walk anyway, we might as well combine the two. I’m sure Pluto will be pleased to see some of the staff that worked so hard to make sure he got the safe, loving home he deserved and I don’t think I could ever put in words how happy we are that that was our home…

Now we just have to groom him which can be a little tricky as he loves his belly and chest being brushed and will often lay on his back for ages letting us gently brush him, but when we try to brush his back, he rolls over again and insists we carry on brushing his tummy… he has the best groomed chest of any dog we know…

Right, shower, bread, dog show…!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home