Thursday, September 06, 2007

A day in the country

I've had such a trying day... problems with the computer, problems with banks, stuck in traffic and I haven't done as much work as I wanted to. I even had to climb out of my own window at one stage. I'd left my house keys in the car and went to open the front door (from the inside for those of you not keeping up) and realised it was double locked and I couldn't get out. Hence my moving the sofa and geraniums and clambering out of the front room window.

Spending the day with alpacas yesterday was wonderful! They are incredible creatures; gentle and good natured and I learnt so much. We will definitely get a couple of alpacas - huacayas to be precise - when we have sheep. They make amazing flock defenders, and have been known to chase off foxes and even kill them if they threaten the herd. I'm hoping to go on a poultry training course next, and indeed, we want chickens even before we move to the country to take up the good life.

Driving away from the Chilterns - a part of the countryside that has been designated a place of "outstanding natural beauty" - I felt a real reluctance to head back to the city. I wanted to learn more about these incredible creatures, and I really, really wanted to enjoy the peace and quiet and clean air for just a bit longer, after a dificult couple of days.

We're going to see mortgage people soon. I feel at the moment, that can't come soon enough!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home