Friday, September 07, 2007

Stepping forward

I thought after volunteering for my rugby club for so long, and even though I say it myself, achieving so much, I would want a break now that I've resigned. Working on a committee can be a poisoned chalice and at times it was very difficult. Even now there are people involved that really only have their own agendas - rather than the club's - at heart. (And save me from people involved in rugby who know nothing about the game!)

So I said, enough is enough, I'm going to go back to being an occasional supporter – I can only ever get to a handful of matches because we’re away so often – shouting on the sidelines with no club responsibilities. And this I now am, but I like being busy. I like being challenged! I’ve just finished an evening course, and already I’m thinking of doing another one and now I want to volunteer again. This time I’m thinking of an animal charity because there are quite a few that are really fantastic and very worthy organisations. And whilst I’m not naïve enough to think that there wouldn’t be difficulties from time to time, fundraising for animals that really need assistance is more comfortable than doing it for a rugby club a lot of whose members are quite well off.

Anyway, I’ve been working like buggery this morning and have done quite a bit and this is just a short break so I need to crack on…

If I do end up volunteering for an animal charity I’ll expect you all to buy raffle tickets and very possibly adopt various animals… I can be quite persuasive you know!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home