Friday, September 07, 2007

Dandiest dog

I’m still having problems with my computer but am employing relaxation techniques to deal and manage the subsequent stress this is causing. Actually what I’m saying is fuck you, I’m the human being, you’re the machine and I can switch you off permanently pal… let’s hope it doesn’t come to that…

I’m really looking forward to the rugby world cup – once every four years and my partner is geared up for me watching a lot of rugby in the next six weeks. There’s beer in the fridge and WHEN England win the world cup, I will be opening a bottle of champagne to celebrate. Seems only fitting…

I have two photo assignments coming up in the next two to three weeks, which is fantastic – the money is going straight into the wedding fund! Just as well really, I haven’t really started saving, although we do have some money, as anyone who has ever planned a wedding will tell you, you always need more, much more!

I’m feeling good about money at the moment. Don’t misunderstand; I don’t suddenly have lots of it! It’s just for the first time in a long time, I feel ‘in control’ financially speaking, whereas previously with my problems with number recognition, my inability to save and being made redundant and then being unemployed for a long time, money always controlled me and even if I was happy and well, there would always be a small part of me stressed and worried about money – or lack thereof more accurately. Now if I could just sort out my idiot bank I’d be over the moon…

I opened a savings account yesterday. I have had savings accounts before – but in name only I’m afraid. They didn’t actually contain any money. Let’s hope I make a better go of it with this one!

My partner is still not well, although she’s gone back to work, and I’m fighting off whatever bug or virus it is that is currently doing the rounds. So far, I’m staying on top of things, but it’s really helped that I worked from home yesterday and today. Especially as I seem to be particularly peeved with my commute at the moment – stress (that word again) lowers your immune system.

We have the most ginormous pile of washing up to do that I have foolishly volunteered to work my way through, but before I do that, more coffee, more work and I need to walk the dog. He needs to be in tip top condition if he’s to win Battersea’s dandiest dog competition on Sunday!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home