Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ear plugs

There was a battle of wills this morning at no. 88. It involved me, my dog and my ear plugs.

Now for reasons that escape our mere human thinking, Pluto likes eating ear plugs. We actually find it slightly revolting but for him, they really are a delicacy. I woke later than usual and he bounded in to greet me absolutely delighted to be reunited… until he spotted the ear plugs… after which, they were the only thing that occupied his doggy mind. He wanted the ear plugs. I wanted coffee and another 4 hours sleep.

He edged closer, trying to look innocent until I growled NO. He then looked at me shocked and hurt and backed off. With no concept of time, he then immediately edged forward again, sniffing and snuffling, ever closer. I said, again, NO, leave! He then looked at me pleadingly as much as to say, pleeeeeeaaaasssseeee give me the earplugs! To not let me eat them is as bad a denying vitamin c to a person with rickets! (He’s a very imaginative dog.) Which he then followed up with a low level whine – which he can do for hours. I sighed, put the plugs away and masterfully distracted him by tickling his belly. Finally all was well again…

But really, it’s a lot to deal with just after you’ve woken up on a Tuesday.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home