Monday, September 17, 2007

No time for slacking

I’ve come to work for a rest – it’s been a busy weekend! On Saturday I worked on my karma by doing lots of errands. I took my mum to see a new flat and then took her shopping because she can’t manage shopping like she used to. I also took the opportunity to do a big shop for us (and just so you’re in no doubt about how sad I really am, I bought a new pair of slippers and was very pleased!) and when I finally got home and unpacked, it was straight back out to pay the first visit to a friend’s dog whom I was looking after for the day. By now, my plans to go and watch the rugby were well and truly scuppered. Disappointing, but it left a bigger question, what to do with the 30 doughnuts I bought for the supporters at half time? (They are now composting and I’m hoping to grow a doughnut tree as a result.) I then came back and picked up my own pooch and we headed down to the woods for a couple of hours. Then back home; late lunch, feet up for an hour, and then back out again to give our friend’s dog her evening walk. Back home I did some laundry, sorted out the photos that I did on my assignment last week and then collapsed in a heap…

On Sunday was partner was supposed to be running the 5k hydro-active challenge for her work in Hyde Park, but having been ill, she decided it would be better to walk it instead. So three of her colleagues ran the race, and three walked. I took photos and clapped encouragingly when they got back. And I even managed to buy my partner a present (because I was very proud that after being so ill, she still turned up and completed the challenge); a new Adidas training top designed by Breakthrough, the breast cancer charity. Appropriate really all things considered.

After which it was off to Oxford Street - a place I usually avoid at all costs. But we needed to visit the jewellers to buy our wedding rings! The sales assistant was a young guy, whom I mistakenly stereotyped as being more interested in selling than service, but when we enquired about wedding rings, he asked, is it for you? To which we replied yes, and he gave us a lovely smile and said, ‘congratulations!’ and was really helpful. I’m really excited we’ve bought them. It actually felt pretty special just trying them on in the shop – imagine how we’ll feel on August the 30th next year!

We fitted in a visit to HMV where my partner bought me a CD I wanted, Waitrose (where she bought three types of loose vegetables and used NO packaging!) and then it was finally back home, where we cooked a roast and then slumped in front of the TV…

I don’t feel I’ve stopped for two days. Tonight I’m aiming for a really early night because work is piling up again and I need to stay fresh and focused…

S’all go!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home