Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Lap tops and hairy dogs

I’ve bought a lap top. For those of you with lap tops you may think, and your point is…? But I’ve wanted one for a very long time and now I have one. Well I will have in 48 hrs anyway. I’m uber excited. In fact, there’s a lot to be excited about right now. Our wedding invites are ready to post out, we’re off to a farm tomorrow, we’re off to Paris in only a few weeks, England are going to win the world cup (quiet in the back), my mum is doing ok relatively speaking and I have the love of a good woman…

My life is an embarrassment of riches! But I won’t go on, because you’ll go from smiling and thinking ‘oh that’s nice’ to ‘if she doesn’t shut the £*%! up I’m going to ram her as yet not delivered lap top where the sun don’t shine…’ and I don’t blame you. Happy is one thing, smug is quite another.

Pluto jumped on the bed today and rolled around in the sheets. Little git. We only changed the bedding three days ago and now we’ve got to do it again because it’s covered in black hair! What’s worse is that he laughs as he’s doing it. It’s like a cross between a low excited whine with an occasional deep chuckle. And then when you shoo him off the bed he barks, delighted at the sport of it all.

I’m not saying children will be easier but I can only hope they’ll be less hairy and presumably less rebellious at two and a half years old…

(Good job I wrote the title correctly, lap dogs and hairy tops would have been an entirely different entry...)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home